Replay Gain - A Proposed Standard
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can't we just (peak) normalise the tracks?
- Why don't we compress all the tracks so they sound the same level?
- Why are you doing this?
- Why does it turn all my files down / why does it make things so quiet?
- What's "Radio" and "Audiophile"?
- The fixed Equal Loudness curve doesn't take account of different sensitivity to Bass and different levels!
- If you turn tracks down, you introduce noise
- Some tracks should be quieter than others - just leave it like it is on the CD!